Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Galaxy Note 3: Frustrating, overwhelming, but is that part of its appeal?

I have been spending a lot of time with the Galaxy Note 3 as I approach the end of my T-Mobile return period. I am likely going to keep the Note 3 (I will explain why below), but I want Samsung to improve this fantastic product through some software updates and future software design decisions.

The Galaxy Note 3 is the best large display phone currently available and is an amazing device, but there are some things that really bother me so my fantastic HTC One is going to stick around as my SIM jumps between the two. The S Pen integration is fantastic, it's nice to have a removable battery and microSD card slot, the camera performs better than the HTC One in most situations, and Samsung's OLED display looks great.

Issues I have with the Note 3 include random closure of My Magazine, step backwards in Exchange support, Samsung's shotgun approach to apps and services, functions present that don't work reliably, and beta nature of Galaxy Gear connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment