Saturday, February 8, 2014

LG G Flex: A Poor Start for Curved Phones

As the first phone with a curved screen to go on sale in the U.S., the LG G Flex commands attention. It screams, both as an object and as a new kind of device, "Hey, look at me!" Once you do, the implied follow-up is, "Do you like what you see?"
Uh, kinda? I've spent a lot of time with many different smartphones over the past few years, and never once have I thought, "You know what this phone needs? A curved screen."
I have, however, occasionally longed for a bendable phone that I could fold up into a sugar-cube-size device. That would truly be amazing (not to mention useful) and curved phones are a stepping stone toward that magical future. Some variation of that vision is probably why LG reportedly spent years designing the device.

No comments:

Post a Comment