Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Truth About Jailbreaking Your iPhone: The 5 Biggest Drawbacks

Jailbreaking your iPhone is a legal and incredibly useful way to customize your iPhone, alter its functionality, and download apps Apple hasn't approved for sale in the App Store.

The iPhone Dev Team as well as legions of other hackers around the world have made it very easy to jailbreak using tools like PwnageTool, Sn0wbreeze, and Redsn0w.

Cydia, the jailbreak app store, is super easy to use and enables you to download just about anything with a few taps.

I jailbroke my iPhone almost a year ago, and I've never looked back. Except during the times my phone crashed for no reason, and the times that I've had to soft-reset (which is like performing a battery-pull on a Blackberry).

And let's not forget the times my phone has randomly ran a re-spring (like force-quitting Finder on a Mac) and booted back up in "Safe Mode." What is this, Windows?

While I still prefer my jailbroken iPhone, here are the sometimes-frequent annoyances that make me miss using it the way Apple intended.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/reasons-not-to-jailbreak-iphone-2011-5#ixzz1LLUnYz2B

No comments:

Post a Comment